Friday 13 February 2009

Four and a half months later - physio continues

Saw the physio again yesterday and she can't believe the progress in the last month. I am now able to move my left leg to almost the same degree as the right in most areas. The biggest difference is when hugging the knee to my chest from a prone position. Last month I could only get my leg to a right angle with my chest. Now I can go a further forty five degrees or so.

Been referred to a physio at my local gym, which means that I should be able to get evening appointments and a programme of exercises to use in the pool and the gym.

I feel that pilates has been my salvation. Because I do it every week (and walk a lot and swim in between my classes) my mobility is coming along in leaps and bounds. I see Mr Apthorp next week. Looking forward to getting HIS verdict now!

In the meantime I am doing pretty much everything I want, and feeling very comfortable - even when charging round after the kids!

No comments: